Darkwing's Research

An area where the MABRC Researchers discuss their field research with you and talk about what works and what doesn't. If you are a MABRC Organizational Member and would like a thread of your own here to discuss your research, contact an Admin or MOD to create a thread for you.
Forum rules
This forum will sometimes contain copyrighted information, however, it is placed here under Title 17

Not withstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
darkwing
MABRC Chief Forum Administrator, MABRC Executive Director
MABRC Chief Forum Administrator, MABRC Executive Director

Re: Darkwing's Research

Post by darkwing » Tue Jul 30, 2024 7:39 pm

May 3, 2008

In my quest to find ways to lure Bigfoot in ever closer to try and get one on video or a photograph, I decided to take a toy noise maker that Goose had just got out to SKilleyville to see what kind of response I received.
The noisemaker, you can get them from Amazon
The noisemaker, you can get them from Amazon
I was headed out the door to go out by myself when No Mercy showed up and asked to tag along. We loaded up and headed out.

When we got there, we listened for a little while to see if we could hear anything, nothing but crickets and running water from the creek below us.

We switched on the camcorder and recorded the whole event in case we received vocalizations, we hoped to be able to record them.

Below is the video, where we posted the first few minutes of what happened, I'm still trying to pull the sounds of movement off of the video, but it's really faint. (We've lost the video thanks to someone throwing copyright claims against our YouTube account)

After making the noise, something large and bi-pedal began crashing through the woods to our Southeast, going towards the west, not more than 200 feet from us. When it stopped moving, I made some more noise, and it began moving again, this time, a second bi-pedal creature began moving from the southwest, directly in our direction, the first one also reversed direction and headed towards us.

They made no effort to hide the noise of their traveling, this was enough to intimidate us. We were expecting rocks to be thrown at us at any moment. As we started moving back towards the Blazer, 2 more bi-pedal creatures were heard to our North across the creek and they were headed for us too. They too were not masking their approach, they were making noise, and the thumping of their feet hitting the ground could be felt up to where we stood.

When they hit the creek, and created a few huge splashes coming across it, we realized that they were coming at a very fast pace. We now how four bi-pedal creatures coming at us from four different directions. I told No Mercy, who was starting to get nervous, that we should get back to the Blazer and see if they come up closer. As we set there listening, the creatures got within 75 feet or so, before they stopped, paused for about a minute, then turned and left.

The camcorder didn't pick up the noise of them coming through the woods that well, but being there in person, you could hear it plainly.

After catching our breath from the adrenalin flow, No Mercy looked at me and said, “that was some crazy sh*t that just happened.” I gotta agree, the creatures did not even try to mask their approaches, did we piss them off? Got them dangerously curious as to what the noise was that was being made? Who knows, but if everyone has the heart for it, watch out Memorial Day, we are going to try it again.
D.W. "Darkwing" Lee
MABRC Executive Director

Return to “MABRC Researchers”

• You do not have permission to post in chat.
@ admin « Tue 1:35 am »
Hey Yankeesearch, didn’t even know you were in chat, now you have the bug so bad you will have to keep going out to see another one. :)
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:56 am »
Anyway, as I stand before God, I did not make this up!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:55 am »
Not saying it was Sq/BF/DM/Yeti... but it was strange. And I am locking my doors tonight for sure! :lol:
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:54 am »
And just I was turning away, I thought I heard snort -- which could have been deer or maybe cattle... but... I do not know.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
I did not have the creepy feeling I normally get in these situations... so I really do not know what to make of it.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
One detail I forgot to mention: the whoop had almost a human like talk after it on both occasions.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:52 am »
I walked back to the other side, and thought I heard a knock...
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:51 am »
Cattle about 1/8th mile away disappeared... and strangely at that location: it sounded like something banged the metal fence. Not loud... but never ever heard it before tonight.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
Two whoops... and some deer scattering (they may have been scattering because of me).
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
From 6:20 PM to maybe 6:45 PM CST
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:49 am »
I may have just had an encounter!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:46 am »
Hi gang! I know it has been a long time...
@ BrianDriver « Sat 12:59 pm »
Good quality pics. How long were the cams out?
@ admin « Thu 9:09 pm »
Just to get the chat going, it’s going to take some time to move over all the data, but in the end, hope everyone likes the layout here.

Who is chatting